Thursday 11 November 2010

Keeping up my professional development: part 1

Part of my development as a coach is to receive coaching. I was lucky enough last year to find Barbara Frodsham, coach extraordinaire, through the ReciproCoach network.

Having Barbara as my coach was a wonderful experience. With knowledge and great skill, deftly combined with humour and perception, she created a space in which I could think clearly, gain new perspectives and take action. Some deep seated self doubt dissolved through the process and life running my business, which had been feeling a bit scary, got much better. This year, thanks to Barbara's encouragement and my up graded self belief, I applied for a UK board position for the coaching body the International Coach Federation. Me: ‘I can’t do that…’ , B: ‘yes you can…’

I’ll let you know how that turned out in my next blog…

Find out more about Barbara’s work at www.momentouscoaching.com

Also referenced here:www.reciprocoach.com; http://www.coachfederation.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment